The Board of Directors, the body that oversees the running of the SYNAPTIC TRUST, meets once or twice each term and is supported in its work by the Company Secretary and Company Clerk.
The Articles of Association, which defines the Trust’s constitution, makes provision for a board with a maximum of eleven directors.
Implement world class growth and learning
Deliver “Wow”, “Fun” and “Challenging” opportunities
Have a growth mind-set and embrace drive and change
Be daring, creative and open-minded
Be passionate and resolute
Build positive teams
Be strong communicators
Be calm, trustworthy and humble
This section sets out the duties, role and functions of the Directors of the company. The term of office for these appointments is four years (save for the Chief Executive Officer) subject to being reappointed or re-elected.
The Synaptic Trust Board of Directors currently consists of:
- Keith Robinson (Chair) - reappointed 1 September 2017
- Roger White - appointed 1 September 2016
- Maurice Woolf - appointed 31 January 2019
- Femi Yusoof - reappointed 1 September 2017
Interim CEO - Ann Debono - appointed 1 May 2019
Company Secretary – Julie Newman - appointed 1 January 2014
To see the Register of Interest for September 2018 and attendance for academic year 2017 to 18 please click here.
Director resignations for academic year 2018 to 19:
Director and CEO Synaptic Trust – Stuart Roberts (CEO) - appointed 18 July 2013 retired 30 April 2019
Sridhar Athreya - appointed 5 December 2018 - Resigned 22 April 2019
Keith Kirby - appointed 1 September 2017 - Resigned 20 February 2019
Remi Ladega - appointed 1 September 2016 - Resigned 1 February 2019
Karen Dugan - re-appointed 1 September 2017 - Resigned 21 November 2018
The Functions of the Directors
Oversee the achievement of the strategic aims and each individual academy's priorities;
Be responsible for the company's financial performance, accounts and annual report;
- Set and amend the Articles of the company (subject to the Members' and Secretary of State's consent);
- Appoint some of the governors of each Local Governing Body and remove governors if need be;
- Appoint, suspend and dismiss the CEO and Principals
- Appoint, suspend and dismiss academy Heads of School (the appointment and dismissal of other practitioners and staff will carried out by the governing bodies of each academy in the trust);
- Consider and make strategic policy for the academies in the group;
- Consider and approve academy budgets and improvement plans; and
- Monitor the progress being made in individual academies
Please click here to see the Directors Code of Conduct.
For further information about the Synaptic Trust and for copies of the minutes of the meeting please contact Julie Newman (Company Secretary) at email@example.com