What qualifications do I need?
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
• All trainee teachers must have a UK university degree - 2:2 or above
• To train as a teacher on any programme you must achieve a minimum grade C in GCSE English, mathematics and science.
NB. Applicants must have been awarded these qualifications prior to application to be considered for a School Direct place with West Thornton and Forest Academy
• To qualify for the salaried route you must have 3 years work experience, preferably with children
• You must sign up with the Teaching Agency to receive your registration number. Information on how to do this can be found at: www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching or call the Teaching Information Line (TIL) on Freephone 0800 389 2500
• All entrants beginning teacher training on or after 1 August 2013 MUST have passed the professional skills tests prior to entry. It would be preferable to have passed this test before the interview date (January 9th 2014) Further information can be found on the DfE website